As a business owner or manager, you are going to need different types of signage for your company. Some are information, others are promotional, and then others are meant to give direction to your business. This guide introduces you to these different options available to you. The knowledge of the different signage can help you determine which one is best for you.
1. Vehicle Signage
These types of signage are designed to be installed on buses, trolleys, taxis, and other vehicles to promote your brand.
- You are able to display your products, message, or brand for everyone to see
- Your brand will get exposure in high-traffic areas
It is recommended to check here for more information on vehicle signs.
2. On-Site Banners
These signs are recommended to be placed at the location of your business. Some of the options include:
- Traditional banners
- Inflatable banners
- Teardrop advertising flags
You can promote your brand name, message, special offers, and grand opening events. Banner signs can be designed in different shapes and sizes.
3. Outdoor Signage
Whether you are starting a new business or you already have a business, outdoor signage is an excellent choice.
- It helps in persuading people to visit your business
- It helps grow your business by telling people what your company offers
- It doesn’t require people to visit your business place to know everything about you
4. Traditional Billboards
Traditional billboards are still highly effective. Keep in mind the commuters who take the same route everyday to their work. The billboard allows you to have your brand seen by them every day. It will help in getting your brand imprinted on their minds. So whenever they will need your products or services, they will remember your brand name. Repetition is a very strong element in the advertising domain.
5. Light Bulb Signs
Light bulb signs provide an excellent technique to illuminate your signage and draw attention more readily. They help in adding a more showbiz like feel to your signage.
- The first reason you would want to choose these signs is to increase visibility
- A sign that is brightly lit up at night-time is certainly going to be visible compared to other signage without any illumination
- Such signs can serve your purpose on dark, winter, and grey days
There are many advantages of installing such lights, including the following:
- Professionalism: It creates an impression of premium feel about your brand.
- Personality: It adds a unique personality to your brand name. The designs, colours, font, and realisation that you are readily to put in extra effort can create a stronger impression on people’s minds.
Depending on where they are installed, the signage also adds certain degree of security around the location. Especially, if they are near your place of business, the illumination can deter potential burglars from breaking in.
6. Informational Signage
As the name suggests, these types of signage are designed for providing information.
- These types of signs can also be warnings and guides
- Such signs can help in saving people or preventing potential accidents
Since information signs can have a huge impact, they are considered important in many settings. Most businesses will require such types of signs on their premises.
7. Directional Signs
Directional signs are required for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- Indoor Directional Signs: If you have a large store or large volume of inventory, you will have to install signs in different areas to give directions to your consumers. Such signage helps in enhancing customer experience. It helps increase the chances that your customers will keep returning to you.
- Outdoor Directional Signs: As the name suggests, such signage can be installed outdoors to give directions to your place of business. You may often require multiple signs to tell people where you are located.
8. Back-Lit Signage
Back-lit signs are premium signage that more than make up for their price. They can be displayed 24 hours a day. You can also have them configured to entertain your shoppers. They are specifically designed for installing at the right locations.
Digital electronic signage is no longer restricted to technology hubs. You can use them to communicate a wide range of messages, thus providing high level of flexibility with your branding efforts.
So when choosing the right signage for your business, make sure to consider all these different options.