Constituted in 1962, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Board (WBJEEB) conducts the WBJEE exam annually for the undergraduate engineering courses. The WBJEE board is an acting statutory board that is empowered to control the entrance exam process in West Bengal. One of India’s most popular engineering entrance exams, the WBJEE is conducted for admission to engineering colleges with NAAC ‘A’ rating in West Bengal. The exam is planned to be conducted in April 2021 if the conditions allow it. The board has set 45% in 12th board exams to be the minimum criteria for taking the exam. In this article, we provide you with some valuable WBJEE 2021 preparation tips.
After the IITJEE, WBJEE is also one of India’s most popular engineering entrance exams with more than 1.2 lakh candidates appearing every year for the exam. West Bengal has many good ranked universities and engineering colleges that stand up to their reputation in terms of knowledge and faculty members.
WBJEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are some WBJEE preparation tips.
- Make a clear target: WBJEE 2021 has a maximum score of 200 and covers a vast board syllabus. Any student willing to try for the engineering colleges should set a score goal that they want to achieve. For example, suppose you get around 160. In that case, you have a very decent chance of landing the best state engineering colleges with the rank. And when the target is clear, you can prepare for the exam in a more streamlined manner. You must also know that each wrong answer deducts ¼ marks allotted for that question. Hence answer the questions wisely.
- Start preparation early: The early bird catches the worm, and it stands true for acing your upcoming examinations. The exam generally happens in April, and hence your WBJEE preparation should start at the earliest. As you pass the class 12th final exams, get into the WBJEE preparation wholeheartedly and start with understanding the basics.
- Read the WBJEE recommended books: Make a list of the most-recommended books, and ensure that you study it. Focus on the topics that are prescribed by the WBJEE board. It would help you score good marks in the main WBJEE exam.
- Solve mock tests: Mock tests are an important way to check your preparation skills for the exam. WBJEE coaching and tuition centres provide mock tests for the students. If you are enrolled in any coaching classes, you can check their course structure. Alternatively, you can also check on various online mock test sites for your preparation. Solving previous year papers is also essential as it gives you a fair idea of the main exam.
- Continue revisions: Revision is a must for any WBJEE preparation . Make good WBJEE notes for revision, and glance through them every day. It would help keep the facts intact in your mind and efficiently prepare for those topics quickly.
WBJEE 2021 is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted for admissions in engineering courses in West Bengal state colleges. The exam has a total of 200 marks with negative marking. Any student willing to sit for the exam must know the rules and syllabus set by the WBJEE board and prepare accordingly. The exam tests an aspirant’s knowledge of advanced concepts in physics, chemistry and maths for their admission process.